Life is continuously changing, sometimes in expected ways and then sometimes unexpectedly. Life transitions are stressful, even good ones. All changes have the potential to leave you feeling:
- Uncertain (Is this the right thing to do?)
- Insecure (Do I have what it take to do this?)
- Overwhelmed (I'm done. I can't do this. This is too much.)
- Stuck (Nothing I'm doing is helping)
- Lost (I don't know what to do or where to turn)
- Discouraged (I never thought it would be like this)
These feelings and thoughts (and others like them) need to be faced in order to thrive in life rather than just survive life. When extreme changes occur, it can cause stress that can negatively affect you. If you're feeling overwhelmed, stuck, or lost as you try to navigate transitions in your life, you're in the right place for help.
We have the experience to help you;
- Uncover what is beneath the surface
- Resolve the inner conflicts that are making these transitions challenging
- Restore a sense of peace.
- Use the challenges in your life to heal and grow into the person you want to be.
- Develop resiliency, clarity, and inner strength.
"The moment in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
― Barbara de Angelis
TYPES OF LIFE TRANSITIONS
There are the life transitions that are planned and expected or those that come out of nowhere. Regardless of what kind it is, transitions can bring up some deep fears and inner conflict. During different stages of life, and over the course of a lifetime, there are many types of transitions or changes that occur.
- Birth – Death
- Career – New Job, Retirement, Unemployment
- Changing/Leaving Religious Setting
- Defining or Redefining Personal Identity/Meaning
- Disability – New Condition, Chronic
- Marriage – Divorce
- New Relationship - Break Up
- Children – Having Children, Blended Families, "Empty Nest"
- Education - Choosing Major, Returning to School, Changing Schools
- Cultural – Moving, Immigrating
- Relocating - New City
- Quarter Life/Mid Life Crisis
If you find it difficult to cope with recent life transitions or transitions you are considering, please reach out. I'd love the opportunity to help you better adjust to the changes you are experiencing and be in a clearer headspace to make more sound decisions for your future.